The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate – Operations Support Department – Information Systems and Applications Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Lending Applications and Support Unit. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-end of December 2021.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
You will lead the strategic development of existing IT user applications from a business perspective and accompany their development and maintenance, in close collaboration with Corporate Service (IT Departments) and other user Directorates in order to ensure that the EIB's front office core lending applications are fit for purpose and in line with Best Banking Practices and End-User needs.
You will work in the front office Directorate, report to the Head of Division and manage a team of 11 professionals plus consultants.
You will support the front line End-Users by providing adequate user support and reporting functionalities. You will aim to ensure customer orientation, efficiency and innovation, while promoting synergies and enhancing collaboration with other relevant Directorates. You will also supervise the Support Team to ensure good time response to the End-Users and monitor IT maintenance follow-up.
- Lead and design the new Core Lending application in cooperation with Business Analysts, End-Users and IT;
- Participate in the Digital Transformation and contribute to the set-up and well-functioning of the Lending Value Chain;
- Promote innovation and digitization: continuously identify possibilities for efficiency improvements;
- Ensure interoperability between the systems and design in cooperation with BAs and End-Users an End-to-End process for the lending cycle;
- Lead and supervise the analysis, development and maintenance of existing front office applications and their interfaces, with the aim of overall effective operations for all users in the lending cycle;
- Coordinate and supervise the execution of IT projects, ensuring overall quality of the Unit’s output and compliance with relevant policies and processes (e.g 3 LoD);
- Provide effective user support, training and adequate information on SERAPIS (current core lending application) developments;
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication channels/tools, designed to foster effective exchange with the user community, IT colleagues and fluent working relationships with other coordination teams from Directorates;
- Ensure effective communication and knowledge-sharing within the front office directorate for topics and initiatives within the Unit’s remit;
- Enable an effective cooperation as well as the dissemination of information and cross fertilisation with all key stakeholders and in particular IT colleagues;
- Ensure that staff within the Unit have the right competencies, objectives and motivation to deliver results; ensure effective performance management;
- Organise work in an efficient and fair manner within the Unit so that the objectives are met;
- Foster a good team spirit; lead the team through example and empowerment
- Conduct the appraisal process for the team, setting objectives and conducting the mid-year and end-of-the year appraisal meetings;
- Conduct the selection process for the consultants in line with procurement rules; ensure proper integration in the team and supervision of tasks and deliverables together with a close monitoring of the budget and legal requirements.
- University degree ideally in a technology, information or business-related subject (incl. Engineering);
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally gained both in an IT-related and operational environment, with an excellent knowledge of the Banking operational environment and activities;
- Proven experience in project management, finance and IT;
- Experience or proven ability in managing or coaching people ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations;
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French (*).
Find out more about EIB managerial competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 29th November 2021 via https://vonq.io/3cqd11q
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.